Welcome to Year 2
Class Teacher: Miss Barker
Teaching Assistant: Miss Tynan
- Class Timetable (2020- 2021)
- Knowledge Organiser AT1` Once in a Lifetime’
- Knowledge Organiser AT1 – Geography ‘The Place Where I Live’
- Knowledge Organiser AT1 – History ‘The Place Where I Live’
- Knowledge Organiser AT2 – Science ‘Fighting Fit’
- Knowledge Organiser Sp T1 – Geography ‘Explorers’
- Knowledge Organiser Sp T2 – History ‘Explorers’
- Knowledge Organiser Sp T2 – Science ‘Plants’
- Knowledge Organiser Su T1 – Science ‘Materials’
- Knowledge Organiser Su T1 History – The Seaside
- Curriculum Overview
- Year 2 Home Learning 19/20 (archive)
Year 2 Home Learning Information – January 2021:
Dear Parents & Carers,
During this current period of school closure, I will continue to provide your child with high-quality resources and activities aligned to the curriculum, so they can continue with their learning at home.
We understand that this is a challenging time for everybody, but we are here to support you and your family.
We will provide regular contact through Seesaw, daily live Zoom lessons (see timetable), text messages, Twitter, our school website and weekly well-being phone calls.
Seesaw (Year 2 Learning Platform) Seesaw
Lessons are posted daily onto Seesaw (Monday – Friday) and your child is expected to follow the timetable of lessons for that day.
They will then need to upload their work daily so I can monitor progress and plan for next steps in their learning. Your child will be provided with regular feedback, which will focus upon celebrating successes, and offering suggestions for next steps and challenge.
Home Learning Website Links
Times Table Rockstars –Daily practice of multiplication and division facts.
Prodigy Maths –Maths problem solving through online games.
Spelling Shed-Please access Spelling Shed to view your child’s weekly spelling list and compete in fun spelling games.
Knowsley Library eBooks-Please ensure your child reads daily. Using their personal login, your child can access a wealth of quality books online for free.
Oxford Owl- -Here you will find eBooks that follow our school reading scheme.
Oak National Academy-Free online classroom that teaches children through teacher led, pre-recorded videos.
BBC Bitesize-Learning resources for children, parents and teachers.