Welcome to Year 6
Class Teacher: Miss Ashdown
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Riley
Please find some helpful guidance to help your child with their home learning as of next week. Resources will be added to ‘Seesaw’ regularly to support you and give suggested activities. Please do not hesitate to contact me through ‘Seesaw’ if you have any questions- we are all still here for you!
Please ensure your child is accessing ‘Seesaw’ throughout the week to view the suggested activities as this will help with their daily routine.
Year 6 Zoom Meetings
Please click below to review the zoom risk assessment that we have put in place to ensure everyone’s safety. In addition, you will find details on how to access zoom and use the facilities it offers if needed.
Reminder: Zoom meetings week beginning 29th June 10am-11am Mon-Thurs.
Year 6 Leaving Video Information
During this time, the Year 6 children usually have lots to look forward to. Although our plans have needed to be adapted this year, we want our Year 6 children to know we are all still thinking of them and want to make this time as special as we possibly can under these circumstances. I have decided to make a Year 6 video for our children that they can all look back on to remember all of the wonderful memories they have had in St Albert’s, but need your help! Similar to our ‘Book Throw’ Video (on our website and twitter page) I would like to create a ‘St Albert’s Jumper Throw’.
Please follow the instructions below:
Step one: School jumper/cardigan thrown to the child’s right side for them to catch on camera.
Step two: Child to hold up the jumper showing the logo on screen.
Step three: Each child will say, ‘My favourite memory of St Albert’s is…..’ and ‘When I am older, I would like to be…..’
Step four: Throw the jumper to their left side(off screen) so it appears they have thrown it to someone (like a ball).
Please send your videos to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th June.
This will then give me time to collate the videos together.
Click on the link below to access this week’s home learning resources. It will include podcasts, videos, and online lessons every day
Transition to High School
BBC Bitesize have a great lesson as an introduction to your child’s transitional preparation: Starting Secondary School. If you haven’t already, check it out!
As we all know, daily reading is extremely important to your child’s education so it’s vital that this is kept up as part of their home learning experience. There are a number of resources that your child can use to support them:
- Novels from their home learning packs
- Read Theory (all children have login details) https://readtheory.org/
- IDL/Reading Plus
- Oxford Owl Reading (ebooks) www.oxfordowl.co.uk( login details sent via Seesaw)
- Home learning Year 6 Overview
- Week Beginning 23rd March Timetable
- Week Beginning 30th March Timetable
- Week Beginning 13th April Timetable
- Week Beginning 20th April Timetable
- Week Beginning 27th April Timetable
- Week Beginning 4th May Timetable
- Week Beginning 11th May Timetable
- Week Beginning 18th May Timetable
- Week Beginning 8th June Timetable
- Week Beginning 15th June Timetable
- Week Beginning 22nd June Timetable
- Week beginning 29th June Timetable
- Week Beginning 6th July Timetable
Year 6 Information
- Class Timetable
- Curriculum Overview
- Knowledge Organiser
- Wellbeing advice for Home learning
- RSE Parents Letter
- RSE Y5
- RSE Y6