Welcome to Year 6
Class Teacher: Miss Ashdown
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Riley
Please find some helpful guidance to help your child with their home learning as of next week. Resources will be added to ‘Seesaw’ regularly to support you and give suggested activities. Please do not hesitate to contact me through ‘Seesaw’ if you have any questions- we are all still here for you!
Please ensure your child is accessing ‘Seesaw’ throughout the week to view the suggested activities as this will help with their daily routine.
Welcome Back Message
Hope you all had a lovely Easter break! Please find attached this week’s suggested timetable. Remember to access Seesaw for necessary resources: activities, PowerPoints, Picture News etc.
Keep smiling and keep up the great work everyone!
Click on the link below to access this week’s home learning resources. It will include podcasts, videos, and online lessons every day
Transition to High School
Friday’s lesson on BBC Bitesize is a great introduction to your child’s transitional preparation: Starting Secondary School. If you haven’t already, check it out!
As we all know, daily reading is extremely important to your child’s education so it’s vital that this is kept up as part of their home learning experience. There are a number of resources that your child can use to support them:
- Novels from their home learning packs
- Read Theory (all children have login details) https://readtheory.org/
- IDL/Reading Plus
- Oxford Owl Reading (ebooks) www.oxfordowl.co.uk( login details sent via Seesaw)
May 8th 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of VE Day. Please find a Powerpoint of activities below and on Seesaw to complete as part of this week’s topic project.
- Home learning Year 6 Overview
- Week Beginning 23rd March Timetable
- Week Beginning 30th March Timetable
- Week Beginning 13th April Timetable
- Week Beginning 20th April Timetable
- Week Beginning 27th April Timetable
- Week Beginning 4th May Timetable
- Week Beginning 11th May Timetable
- Week Beginning 18th May Timetable
Year 6 Information